Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Microbiological Hazards
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food Poisoning and its Control
- HACCP From Purchase to Service
- Food Handlers & Personal Hygiene
- Food Premises and Equipment
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Food Pests & Control
- Food Safety Enforcement
- A review and discussion
- Questions and Answer practice
Examining Body: Highfield
Examination type: This exam consists of 20 multiple choice questions, and participants have up to 45 minutes to complete it. Successful participants must achieve a score of at least 12 out of 20.
Qualification: Participants achieving a pass in the examination are registered with Highfield and are awarded a Nationally recognised Highfield Certificate Level 2 qualification in Food Safety for Catering.
Qualification Regulation: The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual.