About Event Food Safety
Our consultants have extensive experience in their field. All have worked in enforcement and together have many years’ of food safety enforcement experience through working for Local Authorities who enforce food safety legislation. We are also commercially aware and have six years experience of working in the exhibition industry. This combination allows us to work with venues, event organisers and exhibitors and to liaise effectively with enforcement agency staff.
- Food safety advice and guidance to event organisers and exhibitors prior to the event.
- An “event live” auditing service and if food safety issues arise during an event we actively work with exhibitors and event organisers to find positive resolutions.
- In situations where, in our opinion, an exhibitor’s food activity is unsafe we provide clear advice and guidance to event organisers who can then make informed decisions.
When working for event organisers we aim to:
- Ensure that event visitors are protected as far as is reasonably practicable from the risk of suffering from food poisoning as a result of attending the event.
- Ensure the smooth running of the event and avoid any potential conflict with visitors, Local Authority enforcement staff or the venue connected to food safety compliance matters.
- Ensure the event organisers are protected as far as is reasonably practicable from any reputational risk connected to food safety matters.
When working for exhibition venues we can:
- Advise on compliance with food safety legislation at events and also food retail and hospitality operations at the venue, and make best practice recommendations.
- Help ensure customers are protected as far as is reasonably practicable from the risk of suffering from food poisoning as a result of visiting the venue and help avoid any potential conflict with visitors, event organisers and Local
- Authority enforcement staff connected to food safety compliance matters.
- Help ensure the venue is protected as far as is reasonably practicable from any reputational risk connected to food safety matters.